HOW TO BUILD YOURSELF TO OVERCOME STAGE FRIGHT IN A PUBLIC GATHERING
According to Merriam Webster, Stage Fright means “nervousness felt at appearing before an audience”
Stage fright is an embarrassing and a derogatory actions in a stage by someone who is addressing the public. It usually occurs in a debut. It’s a common characteristics of those who are introverts. It could be demonstrated by shivering, stammering, repetition of words, unnecessary move on the stage to mention but a few. Public gathering or event is a thing we can not do without. So, it’s important we equip ourselves.
BUILD YOURSELF TO FACE THE CHALLENGE BY THE FOLLOWING STEPS;
1. STUDY GROUP: This a small group of people that exchange ideas and knowledge to meet their various needs. Here, everyone is completely free to exercise their freedom of speech.
This small group will help people that are shy to make contributions. So, joining or forming a study group guides and assist those who are timid or introverts to fight against stage fright in the future.
2. QUESTIONS: Make sure you ask questions in any public gathering like, School, Church, Mosque, Ceremonies, Parties etc. But only when the floor is open for questions. Ask meaningful questions. Questions that will remind the teacher what he has forgotten. Asking a meaningful question at the start will motivate you to continue.
3. CONTRIBUTIONS and COMMENTS;
Making contributions and comments will also go a long way building you to overcome a stage fright. Contribute outside what you have been taught. As in, bringing in new facts, ideas and so on in line or depending on the topic.
4. PERSONAL ASSUMPTION: Remember that you’re the President, Governor, Controller etc, the moment you’re allowed or permitted to talk, contribute or ask question. So, you should be in charge of that moment. Therefore, Speak and talk like the commander.
5. PREPARATION: Adequate preparation is one of the effective battle against stage fright. Read and memorize. Be filled with words or appropriate terminologies. Read newspapers, Blogs, Magazine, listen to TV and Radio presentation. Read Novels, and attend seminars.
6. DECENT DRESSING: You must appear in a public gathering with good dresses. Not fashioned clothes or indecent dresses that will make you to be inferior in the crowd. Make sure you wear something that will make you to stand out.