Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission.
You may have started it with a trial but unfortunately you found yourself trapped in a dungeon. Initially you thought it was going to help your sexual relationship with your partner but now it’s an addiction and your mind has been so greatly influenced and it seem as though you can never be free from this battle with porn.
WHAT IS PORNOGRAPHY?
Pornography is simply defined as a printed or visual material containing the explicit description or display of sexual organs or activity, intended to stimulate sexual excitement
I won’t forget to mention that in our present generation, porn has become more easier to watch any time and anywhere in phones, computer, magazine etc. And Many addicts have become inseparable from depression, broken relationships. They walk through the streets with a great desire to be free from this shackle, oh yes it’s a shackle, because:
1. It is a great sin and wickedness against God, Job 31: 1 says: I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman.
2.It is a major threat to marriage, to family, to children and to individual happiness.
3. Pornography has made most married men feel less satisfied with their conjugal relations and less emotionally attached to their wives. And gradually a bridge of disagreement sets in and quickly divorce becomes prevalent.
4. It’s so sad that an estimate 75% of the younger generation have been influenced by this injuring trend. Studying and concentration on academics becomes difficult
5. Pornography engenders greater sexual permissiveness, rape and sexual assault,which in turn leads to a greater risk of out-of-wedlock births and STDs.
6. Many individuals who view pornography initially feel shame, diminished self-confidence, and sexual uncertainty, but these feelings quickly shift to unadulterated enjoyment with regular viewing.
These are just but a few of the harmful consequences of pornography.
NOW HOW DO YOU WIN THIS BATTLE?
1. ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT YOU NEED HELP:
You have to be open to family and friends who can help you. And also you need God’s help cause by your strength you can never prevail. Pray for his mercy and don’t be afraid to ask for His help.
2. GUARD YOUR HEART AND DISCONNECT YOURSELF FROM EVERY TRACE OF PORN:
Proverbs 4:23 (KJV): Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Burn all the play disc’s, the magazines and everything that connects you to it. And it’s advisable you give reasonable distance to friends who always sparkle the fire of porn in you, either by discussion or watching together.
Flee from every temptation and promise yourself that you are not going to set your eyes on those things that promotes such feelings. Give yourself rewards for keeping to your promise. Guard your heart from thinking about it, better still you can distract yourself with some other things when the thought arises.
3. STUDY THE WORD OF GOD, READ EDIFYING BOOKS:
To boost your faith on a daily basis
In order to deal with the mind where the addiction lies, I recommend reading the Bible and praying every single day. This should be accompanied by great praise and worship music
4. FREE YOURSELF FROM SHAME, GUILT, AND REGRET:
If you continue to live with guilt and regrets you must certainly fall back to it again. So tell yourself you are forgiven and free, because Christ died so you can be free.
“Walk into your future, and if you slip up, don’t beat yourself up. Just get back up again”.
I hope these has gone a long way to help you, if you desire more counseling feel free to email me @ email@example.com. God bless you.